Asorbas Sweet Potato Soup
Write a review
- 1 cup Mild Asorbas Bell Pepper Salsa
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cubed
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a soup pot over medium heat add broth and potatoes simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly.
- Place half of sweet potato and half of stock mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters); blend until smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining sweet potato and stock mixture.
- Return mixture to soup pot, slowly stir in Mild Asorbas Salsa and basil simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Pour soup into a large bowl. Stir in salt. Divide soup evenly among 6 bowls and Garnish with Bay leaf, if desired.