Asorbas Sizzling Vegetable Fajitas
Write a review
- 1 cup ASORBAS Jalepeno Relish (for sizzling sauce)
- 1/4 cup diced tomato (for sizzling sauce)
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced (for sizzling sauce)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (for sizzling sauce)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped (for sizzling sauce)
- 8 ounces chopped cilantro, for pesto sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, for pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil, for pesto sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, for pesto sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, for pesto sauce
- 2 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese, for pesto sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups of combination carrots or 2 cups zucchini or 2 cups summer squash, cut juliennestyle
- broccoli or cauliflower, cut into small florets or green peppers or mushrooms, thinly sliced or snow peas
- 1/2 whole lemon
- juice of flour tortilla,
- warmed lime wedge, for garnish
- guacamole, for condiment
- sour cream, for condiment
- shredded cheddar cheese, for condiment
To Make Sizzling Sauce
- Combine all ingredients specified for sizzling sauce.
- Let sit for at least a half hour so flavors will blend.
To Make Pesto
- Put cilantro and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- With machine on, gradually add olive oil. Season and blend in cheese.
To Make Filling
- Slice enough onion to equal about 1/2 cup. Sauté with margarine in a small cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook past translucent stage until browned, about six to eight minutes.
- Prepare about 2 cups of vegetables the combination depends on personal taste.
- Cook all vegetables except mushrooms in lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of pesto over medium to medium high heat.
- When almost at aldente stage, add sliced mushrooms.
- Continue cooking for about one minute.
- The remaining pesto can be refrigerated or frozen for future use.
- Place vegetable mixture over sizzling onions, then spoon vegetable onion mixture into center of warmed tortillas.
- Top with additional Asorbas Relish and condiments, to taste, then roll up tortillas.
- Three tortillas make one very generous portion.