Asorbas Honey-Glazed Salmon with Corn and Roasted Bell Pepper Salsa
Write a review
Ingredients for the Salsa
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups ASORBAS™ Bell pepper salsa
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Ingredients for the Salmon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 6 center-cut salmon fillets with skin intact, each6 to 8 oz.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Prepare a hot fire in a grill.
- Place the corn on the grill rack 5 to 6 inches from the fire and cook, turning often, until the kernels have softened and are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely, cut off the kernels from each ear with a sharp knife, cutting the length of the ear and rotating it with each cut.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn kernels, ASORBAS™ Bell pepper salsa, Stir well, add salt and pepper to taste .
- Cover and refrigerate. Stir in the parsley just before serving.
- To prepare the salmon, in a small saucepan, stir together the honey, balsamic vinegar and the 1 Tbs. vegetable oil.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a heavy, large nonstick fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the 2 tsp. vegetable oil. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and place, skin side down, in the pan.
- Brush the tops generously with the honey mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the salmon over and brush again with the honey mixture.
- Cook, turning occasionally and brushing with the honey mixture, until the salmon is glazed and opaque throughout, 5 to 7 minutes more. Transfer to warmed individual plates. Pass the salsa at the table.